Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    clcano's Avatar
    clcano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 2, 2010, 11:50 PM
    My son and his girlfriend have been living in my home. . I want her out of my home.
    A year ago I gave them lease papers demanding rent each. Neither one would sign the papers and threw them away. My son has managed to pay almost all of his but the girl friend hasn't even come close. She is a foul mouthed lazy troll. She wakes up yelling every day and calls all of us nasty names. My dogs are a part of her wrath and she has them scared to death of her. She doesn't help around here with anything. Their room of which she sits all day and night all of the time , is a flat pig-sty. I have had to go in once a week and empty ash trays full of cigs,empty partial soda cans that have ants in them , I have to go in and retrieve my dishes and silverware as she won't bring them out. I have taken to getting out the trash once a week. When I go into their room she calls me names and starts fights between my son and I. This is just the tip of the iceberg with her. I have finally had enough. I have had to get on psych meds for the first time in my life so that I don't hurt her. I want her out of my home. For a bit my son was in agreement. So I had her served with a 3 day pay or quit. Now my son can't decide if he wants her gone. I don't care I Do. They are telling me that she can be here if he wants her to be here and that I have to get a restraining order to keep her away. What do I have to do next? I am in California. And about up to my neck with the whole mess. I had understood that serving her with a 3 day pay or quit is all I have to do. Next would be to call the police on her for trespassing. PLEASE WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS??
    martinizing2's Avatar
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819

    Aug 3, 2010, 12:13 AM
    I am not sure about California law, but you are going about this correctly by doing it through the court.
    That is the safest thing to do usually.

    If you son is disrespecting you and being a problem I'd think about evicting him also.

    The local legal aid will usually answer you questions and help with paperwork. You might call them.

    No one should be uncomfortable , disrespected , or abused in their own home.
    Don't put up with any more.
    AK lawyer's Avatar
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977

    Aug 3, 2010, 01:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clcano View Post
    They are telling me that she can be here if he wants her to be here and that I have to get a restraining order to keep her away.
    Who are "they? Your son and his girlfriend?

    Does the son have any ownership interest in the home?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rules for Adult son living at home [ 18 Answers ]

My 19 year old son lives with me, a single mother, and as he is an "adult" feels that there should be no rules or conditions to his staying here. Not even rules of simple courtesty. i.e. he thinks it's OK for him to wake me up coming in drunk at 4 in the morning on a weekend because I don't have...

Unemployed girlfriend living in my home with son do I need to pay child support? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend of eight years and my son live in my home (my son is two). Three months ago she tells me she wants out of the relationship. I tell she's free to go but she won't leave. She is a stay at home mom and does not have the economic ability to leave. To months go by and I'm sleeping in a...

How do I evict my son, girlfriend, and son from my home? [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I currently have my son, girfriend and son living at our house. He is a recovering drug addict who still causes us trouble. He argues with us, me especially,and beats me up. Two weeks after open heart surgery, he threw me into a wall by pushing me in the chest. Just recently while I was...

Untidy Adult son living at home [ 11 Answers ]

My 23 year old healthy intelligent, son is in his first job, works in brother in laws business. Lives with mum, dad died recently. He is youngest of my 4 children and only one living at home. His untidiness is causing me a lot of stress. His room is always messy, clothes on floor, soft porn...

View more questions Search