Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    niktygar9500's Avatar
    niktygar9500 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 23, 2017, 04:07 PM
    My son cant get his sscard or birth certificate from his previous gaurdians
    My 17 yr old son recently moved with my to Georgia. The people he lived with lives in Washington state. Now they kicked him out of the home when he was 15. They refuse to release his sscard and birth certificate to him. I cant get him I school he cant do nothing without ID.. please tell me what I need to do- well I know what o need to do- get his behind in school but I cant cause they registered him in Washington and because our names are different on paperwork they will not release his school records

    Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Sep 23, 2017, 07:07 PM
    Why was he living somewhere else ? Court order ?
    If the child was there legally, you will need to get court ordered custody back

    But as the mother, you contact the state where child is born and order a new birth certificate. I just ordered one for my son and it got here from Georgia in two days.

    You go online and order him a new social security card.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,701, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Sep 24, 2017, 04:18 PM
    Who has legal custody of the child?
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Sep 24, 2017, 05:44 PM
    You don't have to have the original birth certificate. Just a notarized one, which is what they send when you request it from the state where his birth is recorded.
    dontknownuthin's Avatar
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

    Dec 12, 2017, 04:22 PM
    He can obtain a new copy of his birth certificate from the county clerk where he was born and can obtain a new social security card from social security. Some of these agencies have online options for making the requests. Ask for a "certified" copy of the birth certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to change the date of birth in birth certificate in kerala? [ 1 Answers ]

Hii, In all my records sslc,degree,voter id, pan card my dob is 10/03/1991.. but my original dob is 29/5/1991.. how to change the dob on birth certificate as it is mandatory for paassport.. pls help

The man on my child's birth certificate isn't the father but has accepted since birth [ 4 Answers ]

I was in a relationship of 4 years and cheated with another man and got pregnant, the man I cheated with knew I was pregnant but the guy I was in the 4 year relationship knew the baby wasn't his but we still stayed together and he was there for the pregnancy and the birth and signed her birth...

If someone has died, who owns their marriage certificate and birth certificate [ 4 Answers ]

If someone has a birth certificate and a marriage certificate and someone else wants it. How is it decided who owns this document

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

ID without birth certificate or previous ID? [ 1 Answers ]

My uncle is scheduled to fly in from SD to WA on May 14. He's lived his entire life in SD with my great grandmother who semi-recently passed away. My mom says he doesn't have a photo ID right now because he lost it, and they don't have his birth certificate, and he was born in CA, so they...

View more questions Search