I was divorced May 2009, in Mississippi, and now live outside of Dallas, TX. I have 2 small children, which I have primary custody of. My ex lives in Memphis, TN. He has an on going drug/alcohol problem and is currently pending a double felony case. Could I have his parental rights involuntarily taken away? He has not seen or talked to them in over a year in a half now. What state do I pursue this in? My fiancé is wanting to adopt them, once we are married.