Does anyone know how this works in New York state?
My ex wants to sign off his rights to our 2 children, as he seems to think this will erase all the child support he's supposed to be paying, and keep more from accruing. I have heard that the child support only stops if the kids are adopted by someone else, but I don't know for sure.
I've read through the threads on here but none seem to be specific to any state so if anyone knows how this works in New York please let me know - thanks!