Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amit ghodasara Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

May 19, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Pregnant after one night stand.I might not be father
    Hello anyone there... please help me with this.
    I was involved with a girl I met online about a month ago... we had a one night stand. I used condoms... she said she was catholic and does not want to use pills, but was just 1-2 days out of her periods. I am very confident that there was no condom break, also at the time she told me it was hard for her to get pregnant because of her weight. I haven't heard from her since the one night stand...
    Now all of a sudden she emails me that she is pregnant. I am very concerned, and anxious.
    Is there a way to confirm the paternity..? Also if I have serious doubts about being the father... can I ask the courts help to have mandatory confirmation of the paternity... what should I do to get this... I am concerned she is trying to get some money out of me... PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Don't panic guy, you can get a test done when the child is born and go from there. Sign nothing until you know the test results.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Tal is right - save the panic until you find out if you really are the Father of this baby. A DNA sample can be taken at the baby's birth, before then don't get so anxious over something you may not be responsible for. She told you she was not likely to become pregnant because of her weight? Did you honestly believe that? You do not show very good signs of making a good choices here. But that is for you to learn from and most likely you have or you will. I hope you don't fall for the "I'm a Catholic and cannot use birth control pills" line again. While it is true that birth control is not allowed, pre-marital sex is not allowed either!

If she is trying to extort money from you, tell her nothing will come from you until you positively know that baby is yours.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 09:32 AM
    If she is trying to extort money from you, tell her nothing will come from you until you positively know that baby is yours.
    This is very sound advice as I too suspect that she needs a good man to help her and be there as she carries this baby to term. The real father is probably some low life that told her to kiss off.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 12:36 PM
    First she is not much of a catholic, condoms OK, but not birth control, sort of like asking the difference between a boat and a ship.
    And then having a one night stand, into itself is , well not on that allowed list either. So I have no idea why she was not using birth control, her religion had nothing to do with it, she violated too many other issues to really care about her faith.

But next I would wonder if she is even pregnant, but may not have a scam going to get money, you can tell if she needs money for doctor or maybe an abortion in a month or two

But your bet, if and when there is a baby, demand a DNA test
    amit ghodasara Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Thank you guys very much for your help. She has just told me that I am not the father of the child... it is some other guy who she met a week after meeting me... I am just relieved to be out of the mess... I did learn my lesson though... and no more one night stands for me... thank you guys once again for your help...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Do I Stand If I Decide To Stand Up To Them? [ 26 Answers ]

I am posting this on behalf of my sister. She Wrote - Where do I stand if I decide to stand up to them and say enough is enough? This is the short version, I will go into more detail as we go along. I hope you can help me. I am in need of some serious advice. Got 2 grandchildren...

15 and pregnant and father is being a jerk [ 2 Answers ]

My 15 yr old daughter and her now ex-boyfriend who is also 15 yrs old are expecting a child,my daughter is 4 months pregnant now.They had been dating for 10 months and out of the blue he breaks up with her,this is a sweet kid and this threw me for a loop. My daughter of course has a broken heart...

Pregnant By A 3-Night Stand! Guy Is A Mean Loser! [ 2 Answers ]

He's a loser and I'm an idiot woman. I am pregnant (about 1 month) and this guy and I had sex 3 times in the last year. He's being mean and nasty and/or ignoring me now, so I'd like to know what rights I have and what he will be mandated to do as far as financial support. I didn't do this alone,...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search