Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chandrabrooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 09:00 AM
    How to I file for sole custody of a child due to father abandonment?
    My child is 1yrs old. His father and I are not married but he was at the birth and legitamized his son and gave him his name. Since the birth of our child, he has not provided any support and he rarely calls. We live in two different states and I have visited him twice for the sole purpose for him to bond with his child. He saw him for 45mins in a 3 day span. I am tired of his excuses and I don't like to argue so I don't call him or bring up the subject much about money. I am giving him one last chance and then I plan on taking some action. Either child support or Abandonment. He knows I have a means to take care of our child without government assistance so he is not worried about having to pay anything. Also he does not keep a steady job. Please advise where I can get the information on how to file for sole custody of our child. I think this is best.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 14, 2007, 10:06 AM
    I could help point you in the right direction if I knew what state are you in.

Generally speaking though, you would be best off if you just went to a local attorney and filed for Sole physical and legal custody. You could try it yourself but you have to be pretty savy because it can be tough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I file for child abandonment and when can I file? [ 15 Answers ]

My daughters father has not seen her for over a year and he just left without telling me he was leaving. I do have a child support order and I have full custody of her. Im just afraid that he will try to take her away from me later in life and I don't want her to go through that because Im with a...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

When and How do I file Child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Melanie Simpson I live in Washington State Spokane County and I have a one year old daughter with my ex-boyfriend who has not seen her since she was a month old. HE says he will sign his rights over to me for her but than he falls off the face of the earth for almost a year and now since...

View more questions Search