Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boomama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 07:39 PM
    My daughter father has never been in her life. Now that she six I feel that he never will be because he hasn't made any effort until this day. I want to know How do I get sole custody of my daughter?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 19, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boomama
    My daughter father has never been in her life. Now that she six I feel that he never will be because he hasn't made any effort til this day. I want to know How do I get sole custody of my daughter?
    First its not a good idea to piggy back your own question on someone else's thread. This can cause confusion as to what's being answered. So I'm requesting your question be moved to its own thread.

Second, What custody do you have now? Was it court ordered? Since you seem to have defacto sole custody, why do you feel its necessary to formalize it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the first steps to get Sole Custody of my daughter [ 5 Answers ]

Im a single parent and have been for the past almost 10 years. My daughter will be 10 this year. Her father has not been around since I was pregnant and have no knowledge of his whereabouts. My daughter has asked to change her last name with no influence of my part. Now I would like to do this for...

Regaining Custody of my daughter in Oregon [ 17 Answers ]

Almost 2 years ago, I lost a custody battle for my daughter to my ex. The reason I lost is because my current husband and I had a drinking problem and domestic violence was a result of that. We have both been sober for 2 years and 3 months now, and no longer have domestic issues. We both...

Losing custody of my daughter [ 6 Answers ]

I am an alcoholic, and I put myself into rehab. I'm going to Intensive Outpatient counseling 3 times a week. My mother has filed for custody of my daughter, who is 11 1/2. Is my daughter old enough to tell the judge who she wants to live with? Can I lost custody of her even though I am taking...

Regaining custody of daughter [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter is 7 years old, she was 4 at the time of the divorce. I am the mother, was a stay at home mom her entire life. One weekend I decided to go with my sister to visit our dad, so I dropped my daughter at my grandmas house. Later my grandma called and said that her dad picked her up, which...

Where can I get information on who has custody of ex's daughter? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I are most likely going to court for custody. I want sole custody and he wants joint legal. He is not fit. Anyway, his parents have custody over his 12 yr old. I am trying to find out if they have sole custody. Does anyone know how I can find their case? I looked on the court access...

View more questions Search