Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christa1183 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 10:14 PM
    About child support and giving up parental rights in Florida
    Hello all! I am in need of serious help and have no where else to turn at this point. When I was 6months pregnant. My son's father sat on my stomach in attempt to hurt the child. He does not want anything to do with the child really, his mother is behind all of it. In Florida the grandparent's don't have rights, so she made my son's father take me to court so she can see him. In court my lawyer bought up his history of drugs and violence and the judge still gave him a child support order and visitation. He was also in drug court at this time. When his probation was over with he quit his job and quit paying child support as well, until he found out his license was going to be suspended then his mom paid to catch him up. In Feb we went to mediation and he got another job to say he had medical insurance (again) for the child since he didn't provide me with medical insurance the first time we went to court, he was looking at a perjury charge. Now he did it again, quit the day after mediation, and has NOT paid any child support at all for the year of 2007 so far. So what do I do now? I hear all the time that he is still doing and selling drugs and tonight he bought my son home an hour late and laughed! He was clearly on something as well. His license has been suspended so he's also driving on a suspended. But what can I do? My son does not deserve to be put through this, he is an innocent child being dragged through the mud by his "father" and his family. They have never helped me at all during or after the pregnancy. The only court order they follow is the visitation, everything else they sneak around and actually get away with at the moment. Can somebody please help me, how can I have his parental rights taken away so my child does not have to go through this anymore. I am looking in the best interest in my son here. Its horrible to see him go through this and he's not even 2!
    donna292009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Well, the way I see it, we as mother's have to do what's best for our children no matter what. If the father is selling and addicted to drugs and whatever else issues you may have with him or his family, your best bet for you and your child is to let it go completely! Have no dealings with him or his family. Want nothing from him or his family and go on with your life. This kind of situation is only a big budren on you. It stresses your mind and body. If the courts have to MAKE any man support his child/children it is not worth the time. I would rather have a man love and be there for mine than to have him not give a damn and pay a few pennies when he feels like paying. Take him back to court, have the case dismissed and find you a real man who is willing to help raise your child. There are plenty out there who will. Let him continue to be the dopehead he is. You don't need the strees in your life.
    heddasurfs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 07:29 PM
    I am going through this same thing right now. The man in question has a history of violence, he wanted nothing to do with us during the pregnancy, and now he wants to have visitation. My sweet son is only 7 weeks old and he's never even seen this man, or heard his voice. I left the father when I was 3 months pregnant because of abuse. Please tell me how your situation worked out, I don't want anything to happen to my sweet sweet angel, he is my heart and soul.
    Mommytoaboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 07:25 PM
    I had this same issue. My sons father left me at 6 months pregnant and when I filed for child support he lied to a court with an Ex Parte motion saying I kidnapped my son who was 5 months old and he got custody for 15 days. After the 15 days were up I got him back because I was able to prove he was a sicko, abusive, a liar, and admitted he didn't want my son. Judge ordered him back to me but his dad ran with him for another two days. Now.. he gets 24 days a year. He still pulls bull stunts all the time like giving him cough medicine when he isn't supposed to have OTC medicine like that. He doesn't change his diaper, never took his parenting class, has yet to put him on his insurance like he should. He doesn't keep his information current because his girlfriend is a pansy . I'm in the process of trying to see if I can relinquish his rights because he is a deadbeat and a loser. He's only doing all this to look good to his girlfriend who is pregnant now too. He has 3 kids, by 3 girls, within 2 years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 07:57 PM

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Child support / giving up rights? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 years old, I have a 5 year old daughter, she is raised very well, by myself and my parents. I filed for child support when she was born and never received anything. Now I just want to end everything I started. I don't care about money and I certainly don't need it. I have come a very long...

Parental Rights and Child Support [ 4 Answers ]

My ex hasn't made any attempt to show me that he cares about our 2 month old daughter and now he said that he would sign over his rights. I just turned in the child support order so should I tell the courts that I don't want child support now if I don't want him in her life and he doesn't want to...

Relinquishing parental rights vs. Child support [ 9 Answers ]

I am currently 8 months pregnant and the father of my baby refuses to speak to me, I have no idea what he plans on doing as far as custody, etc. since he will not return my calls. Ideally, I would like to ask him to relinquish his parental rights but if I do that does that mean that I would...

Termination of parental rights and child support [ 3 Answers ]

The father of my grandson wants to terminate his parental rights and thinks that by doing that, he will not have to pay child support. We have been working through the Texas Attorney General's office for 2 years, and he was finally ordered to take a paternity test, today. If he is the father and...

Relinquished Parental Rights/child support? [ 1 Answers ]

We adopted my 10-day old niece on 12/17/04. We adopted her through the state as the mother's parental rights were terminated. We received the child when she was only 10 days old. My brother is the alleged father and no testing was involved. He was served and signed papers when the child was...

View more questions Search