Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vtemple Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Surviving spouse change of ownership
    When a spouse dies, and the property is in both the names of the husband and wife, what needs to be done to put the property in just the name of the surviving spouse? Property has no lien on it.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 3, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Nothing needs to be done, but it is a good idea to consult a good lawyer. Repeat good lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 10:10 AM
    In general nothing NEEDS to be done, you can get a new deed written up by an attorney with just the one name, or merely do nothing and at the time you pass, your heirs can get a new deed though probate.

But if you wish to take the other name off, a real estate attorney can do it very easily.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Surviving your mothers death [ 13 Answers ]

My Mother was killed in amotercycle accident on Thanksgiving of last year, 11-27-03 a date forever burned into my head, I am 28 yrs old and feel like I am going crazy really like I need to go to a hospital. Now my doctors do not seem to think so, and I don't always feel that way but my anxiety...

Break Lease/change Of Community Ownership [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I would like to know if I need to brake my rental lease in the current apartment community, what are my options? Recently my apartment complex changed ownership. Does this fact allows me to alter or change anything in my original lease? In the original lease I declined the "early lease...

Ownership of Propane [ 27 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased a home on the 12th(all papers signed sealed, etc). The home is heated by electric and wood. A propane tank is used for the stove and water heater. The purchase agreement did not specify any particulars, yet on the 26th, the prior owner contacted the propane tank...

Self on F1 & spouse on F2 -- change to H1 & H4 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in the US for the past couple of years as a student on F1 visa. Last year my spouse joined me on F2 visa. I have graduated recently, and have been working on my OPT (while still on F1 & F2 respectively). My H-1B visa has been approved recently (approval date May 2006, valid from...

View more questions Search