Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brea0519 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Giving up parental rights
    My ex husband wants to give up parental rights to our 2 children.. If he gives his rights up is he still obligated to pay child support?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 28, 2007, 12:06 AM
    Simply, YES.
    Giving up rights doesn't mean he can give up support as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving up parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My husband wants to give up parental rights to a child he has never seen or spoken to. The child is about 14 yrs old and he pays child support, however he does not even know the mother,or if the child is his it was a one night stand. Can he do this? If he needs to get a DNA test how does he go...

Giving up parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My spouse and I have been married for about 13yrs,but lived together for about 1yr. We have two boys together I have raised and supported due to he serving prison time for about 10 yrs. We never shared any property together. I have supported myself and children. He lives for a girlfriend now for...

Giving up parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know if I give up my parental rights, how do I get rid of the child support as well? I have never seen the child and was never contacted about the child until I was notified by child support enforcement. The child and her mother live in another state and I do not anticipate on ever...

Giving up parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my girlfriend has a little girl by another man. But he has not seen the baby or tried to help and he knows about her me and my girlfriend are getting married in April I want to adopt the baby and change her last name to mine its been alomost a yr since she was born and no contatc from the...

Giving up parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a adopted daughter, her real mom wants to give up parental rights to her. She is 15 yrs old now.If her real mother gives up rights then later down the road the 15 year old wants to go live with her real mom.. Would we have to pay child support to her real mom being she gave up her...

View more questions Search