Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margie123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 06:49 PM
    Can suit be filed against an abusive ex-husband causing PTS
    I was married to an abusive alcoholic causing Post Tramatic Stress Syndrome. I am now disabled.

Can I sue him?

Houston, Harris County, Texas
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 07:15 PM
    You can sue almost anyone for almost anything... winning is another story. Then collecting a dime is yet another if you do.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 08:29 PM
    You would have to prove that you suffered PTS by showing that you went to doctors appointments, counseling and whatever you were to do to help the problem. Then you would have to prove what your monetary losses such as inability to work due to the PTS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter and her husband has a suit filed against them by CPS, [ 2 Answers ]

The CPS officer has stated that the chidren will be put in foster care. How can I get custody of my grandchidren?

Can suit be filed against a person for CAUSING post traumatic stress syndrome [ 3 Answers ]

Maternal parent and juvenile court system has blocked all paternal access to child. I have mentally and emotionally suffered from alienation of my grandchild, and want to know if I can bring suit against the maternal parent as cause of my suffering.

County where suit is filed [ 1 Answers ]

:( I have a judgement that has been filed against me for allegedly unpaid credit card debt. However, the County in which the suit was filed is not the County I reside in. Can somebody please tell me what difference that this could make. Thanks for all the advice.

Collection agency filed suit [ 1 Answers ]

Can a collection ageny file suit against you once you've set up payment plans? And can they tell you that they won't except a certain amount it has to be more?

View more questions Search