Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ballgurl2282 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 02:00 PM
    What does it take to be emancipated
    I am 15, turning 16 in a few weeks. I haven't ever had a great relationship with my parents. My parent and I have never been able to meet in the middle. It's my word against theirs. My mom doesn't cook for me. She has for the past year. The only time she cooks is when my sister comes to visit. That meal is what she wants to eat, she doesn't even make enough for the entire family to eat. She doesn't even know when the last time I ate was. My dad isn't the greatest either. When I was little he didn't claim me. I let him back in to my life it has been that great. I was about 6 when he first hit me. He has hit me since then. He has recently took off and came home drunk endangering us all. He become abuse when he's drunk. (not getting into details of what he's done). He's a dangerous man that could really hurt me one day. Today my parent and I got into a fight. I asked them to go somewhere. They told me know because there's going to be boys there. But no one even knew I was going. Then they started to yell at me for lying. I can't lie I laugh when I do. I am tired of feeling like a disappointment to them. I have a 4.1 gpa and that still doesn't seem to make them happy. Nothing I do seem to suit them. I just think their life would be easier without me. They always compare me to my sister. Whatever she done at this age I have to do. I am my own person I can't be her. Nor do I want to if my parent knew the things she has done theyd want to lock her up. A few years ago my sister go in trouble at school. So what'd they do nothing to her but they did punish me for it. I didn't even know what she did. I just need to know that it is possible for me to stand a chance at getting emancipated. Or if there is anything that could change my mind.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 31, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Your location would be the best place to start as this isn't possible in some states.
    Also, as a pre-requisite you MUST be able to independently support yourself, so job, house, etc.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 31, 2012, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballgurl2282 View Post
    ... My mom doesn't cook for me. She has for the past year. The only time she cooks is when my sister comes to visit. That meal is what she wants to eat, she doesn't even make enough for the entire family to eat. She doesn't even know when the last time I ate was. ...
    Just curious: you are almost 16 and can't cook for yourself? Why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get emancipated? [ 1 Answers ]

I?m 15 years old, I want to become emancipated from my Mother, and my sister. My Mother and Father are both drug addicts and are in and out of jail most of my life. My sister has taken me in as of the moment, but she is boarder line psychotic, with large anger management problems. And I?ve lost all...

Getting emancipated [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am 15 years old and I am curently living with my mom, her fiancé, and 4 of my brothers. My moms fiancé has 2 daughters as well that visit regularly. This is my moms 4th time getting married and they decided to get married only 2 months after they met. My dad died when I was 10 years old due...

Can I get emancipated? [ 3 Answers ]

All right, well my question is about emancipation. I want to know whether it can be done for me or not. You see I am unhappy where I currently live and at the school I currently attend. I know that parents and teenage children fight a lot, but I think I would be better off without all of that. I...

Getting Emancipated [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and pregnant and my dad is an alcoholic and he throws me down. I have called the police on him countless amount of times. My mom is fixing to get out of jail but I don't know if she is able to get custody of me. I can't live with my dad anymore and I don't want to go to foster care. I can...

View more questions Search