Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    losthelp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 08:22 AM
    Stopping support
    I filled child support order on my husband I no longer want to enforce this but I'm on FIA can this be stopped or child is two.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2012, 08:29 AM
    What is FIA? If this is some form of state assistance, they will not stop it since he should be supporting his child not the state.

P.S. I moved your question to its own thread. Please don't piggyback on another thread.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 09:00 AM
    You can not really stop a order, you can stop reporting him but esp if there is any welfare being collected, the state will require this.

Why I would ask, do you not want to receive the money your child is entitled to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stopping child support [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is 19 years old was away at college living with her boy friend,now she is pregnant moving back home but has her own apartment ,under New York state do I still have to pay child support

Stopping child support [ 2 Answers ]

What do I do to stop child support payment now that my son has turned 18 and has finshed high school

Stopping child support [ 9 Answers ]

I thought child support payments would continue to age 18? But I also heard that you would continue to pay as long as child in high school? I don't believe going to school includes college. We are going through a similar situation. My husbands son has lived with us for 4 years full time, and...

Stopping Child Support [ 7 Answers ]

I just saw my daughter after not seeing or having any contact with her after about 10 years or so. My daughter came down here, I spent close to a thousand dollars on her while she was here, and the whole time she was here, no matter what we did, she was texting with her friends and boyfriend back...

Stopping Child Support [ 12 Answers ]

We were told that we needed to file an Emancipation order to be certain that Child Support stopped when it was supposed to in the State of Indiana. With my husbands previous child they continued to take out child support for almost a year after he was out of college before we could get it stopped...

View more questions Search