Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabluvsmanda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Removing child support from custodial parent
    My Name is Amanda and I am 18 yrs old. Im still in high school and living with a friend who's parents have agreed to give me shelter for the time being. My father pays child support and my Mother receives it but refuses to help me finacially and has kicked me out. Is there a way where I myself can apply to receive my child support and if so please help me Im in depserate need I am ADHD and Bipolar and need my medication with out it I cannot function appropriately... She has refused to give me my medication... PLease help!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Have you explained this to your father? If you are not living with your mother, then he can apply to the courts for a modification of his support obligation.

If your mother kicked you out, why didn't you go to your father? If your mother is not providing you with medication you require, go to cps and have her compelled to do so.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 10:00 AM
    At 18 are you still in school, what is the child support agreement. Normally child support stops at 18 unless you are still in school.

You can ( and are suppose to ) go live with your dad if your mom kicks you out, he asks for a change in custody and asks for support from your mom.
    Have you told your dad you are kicked out,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can non custodial parent get money from dead child estate if never paid child support [ 1 Answers ]

Custodial parents car insurance will only pay the representative of the estate under the uninsured motorist coverage. If custodial parent files to be the administator, does she have to split the money with the non custodial parent who has never cared for the deceased child or paid on the support...

DFS took child away from custodial parent, why am I still paying child support? [ 4 Answers ]

My Ex-wife got arrested along with her boyfriend and my daughter for drugs. DFS removed my 15 yo daughter and placed her in my care, she can't see her mother without supervision. The Ex has a felony charge of child endangerment against her, why am I still paying child support?

Child not living with custodial parent but still collecting child support [ 1 Answers ]

Child is suppose to live mother but for over 12 months child has been living with grandpaernts but mother is collecting child support still. Is that against the law

Child support issue-Child no longer with custodial parent [ 22 Answers ]

My child is 18 yrs old and is no longer living with her mother.I am paying child support in New Hampshire and have recently learned through a subpoena that my daughter is living in New York state. Can child support charge me in 2 states on the same child? What steps can I take to have the child...

View more questions Search