Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellabooboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 12:18 AM
    How do I find out if my father had anything that will be probated and how do I letthk
    My father died and his family didn't even list me in the obituary because I was adopted by him and they chose not to acknowlede me How do I find out if there is anything to be probated that I can let them know that he has a daughter and maybe I should get something from my father.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 24, 2012, 03:00 AM
    Ask the Probate Court clerk for the name of the lawyer handling the will, if there was one, and any other information they will give you, after showing your ID and if you have a birth certificate, bring that.

What state, and how are the family related who are handling everything? Did he divorce your mother? Did he remarry? Were there children of that marriage?
    If there was no will, how assets are divided goes by state law, and each one is different.
    If there was a will and you were left out, you would need a lawyer to sue and it would be expensive and not easy to win.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probated will [ 4 Answers ]

Can a probated will be changed?

What if I find out my son's father isn't actually his biological father? [ 2 Answers ]

I got pregnant about 5 years ago - I basically ended a relationship and started a new one with someone else so when I found out I was pregnant, I was never sure who's child it was. But I made the decision to marry this guy and we decided not to do a paternity test and to raise him under the...

I need to find my father [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is Cristal, I am currently 21 years old, I never met my biological father,I'm not going to come out with crap... I don't really care if he wants to know me:rolleyes: he just needs to know I'm his daughter.. if an fact if I am.. :confused:that's a questions that been going in my life the...

Find My Father [ 20 Answers ]

Hello I would like to have help finding my father. His name is Kenneth McCormick. He worked at the main post office in downtown Chicago. I believe he left there in 1993-94, somewhere around then. I have only seen him twice, when I was very small and now I will be 20 years old in December. I was...

View more questions Search