Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Drewskie88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 09:57 PM
    Can you legally get divorced in SC by running an ad in the newspaper?
    I have lost feelings for my husband and I want a divorce can I put an add the paper for a divorce?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2012, 07:04 AM
    In short, no.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 08:41 AM
    No, a ad in the news paper is merely a way to notify him of a court hearing, if you have no idea where he is. ( and a fairly costly method of notification)

There has to be hearings before a judge
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2012, 09:39 AM
    Placing an ad in a local paper may be required if you cannot serve your husband in any other way. It sounds like you are still with him so that wouldn't apply.

On the other hand, most states have no fault divorce. If he agrees and there are no children or significant property to distribute, then the divorce should be simple and inexpensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I legally divorced [ 2 Answers ]

My husband at the time said he had divorse papers and told me to sign them I did and he left I want to get married again but I need make sure I am divorced first

Am I legally divorced [ 3 Answers ]

I have been separated from my ex for 2 yr 8 month and as I don't know where he lives I can't get him to sign the papers for all I know he may even be dead but I want to get married again but don't know if I can get married leagally is there a way I can get married without him signing the papers and...

Divorced by newspaper ad [ 5 Answers ]

How do you get divorced by running the ad in a local newspaper.

Posting an ad in newspaper to get divorced [ 2 Answers ]

How long do I have to post an ad in the newspaper for it to be considered abandonment so I can get divorced? He refuses to sign any papers or even file. I don't have the money to hire an attorney. We do have a daughter but she is living with his sister and she currently has guardianship so custody...

Am I legally divorced? [ 12 Answers ]

I filed for divorce last year due to extreme abuse from my spouse. I am very religious so bear with me here, At any rate during my legal separation which lasted over 6 months, I became very close to a male friend. We kept our relationship appropriate (never and kind of sexually contact) etc. My...

View more questions Search