Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lori5t Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Does my husband have a right to see his daughter that his brother has legal guardian
    It was not a stupid question and if you knew the circumstances maybe you wouldn't be so quick to judge! My step-daughters mother left the state we live in when she found out she was being investigated by children's services and her other 3 children were going to be taken from her. My step-daughter was removed from her home because of severe sex abuse and is now in a mental institution because of the abuse. It is a long road, but she is slowly getting better. She will be coming home to her father and I and since her mother "ABANDONED" her a year ago, I was only asking this question in case she would return and try to take her daughter... so... no need to act like you did with your response. Isn't that why there is a website like this?. to get some answers! May God Bless You...
    lori5t Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Does my husband have a right to see his daughter that his brother has legal guardian
    My husband's brother received permanent guardianship of my husbands daughter because my husband was not in a position to raise her. The mother gave up all rights. My husband pays child support every month and has been sober and a wonderful father to my children for the last 6 years, but my brother-in-law refuses to let him have visitation. She is 13 now.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2012, 03:18 AM
    Lori
    I'm not understanding your First post. That post was added to a "Sticky Note" that explains about child abandonment. It was not addressing any specific post. In fact, you had posted no other question at the time you posted it. So I don't understand why you think anyone thought it was a "stupid question". I merged that post with the new question you posted and moved it from the Children forum.

Looking at both questions you seem to be asking about two situations. So before we can help you, you need to explain what you are referring to and let us know the circumstances.

But, as I stated in that sticky note. While it may be true the mother abandoned the child you referred to in the first post, that abandonment can be used as grounds to get custody, but is not something you file for separately.
    Pettisbel Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Mar 30, 2012, 03:26 AM
    My step-daughter was removed from her home because of severe sex abuse
    My husband's brother received permanent guardianship of my husbands daughter because my husband was not in a position to raise her. The mother gave up all rights. My husband pays child support every month and has been sober and a wonderful father to my children for the last 6 years, but my brother-in-law refuses to let him have visitation. She is 13 now.
    Is your husband the one that used to sexually abuse your step-daughter? If so, I think your step-daughter has the right to decide whether she wants to see your husband. Your husband's brother maybe just a messenger.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 05:31 AM
    If she really gave up her "rights" or had them taken away for Children Services, then she has no right to her daughter what so ever. If she merely gave guardianship to someone else, she can file in court to regian custody of the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removal as Legal Guardian [ 2 Answers ]

4 years ago my husband and I got legal guardian ship of his nephew as both his parents died. As of July 2010 my husband and I divorced and the nephew is now living with him and having no contact with me. What forms do I need to fill out to remove myself as legal guardian as this child is headed...

Legal guardian questions [ 2 Answers ]

I was a single dad with sole custody of a child by court order for many years now. Recently I got married again, is my new wife automatically her guardian in the event of my death.

Becoming a legal guardian [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend passed away a year ago and his estranged wife had left him a year before he passed abandoning there two children. After his passing I still kept in contact with the children. Currently his ex is living in a car and the children have been living with me for two months, is there anyway...

Legal guardian! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a very important qeustion!! I have a younger sister who lives with our legal mother, but she is having an extremely tough time! But does very well with me and my husband. Is it legal for us to take her and be her legal gardians, is there some kind of form we have to fill out would we be able...

Legal guardian after 18 [ 2 Answers ]

I was given permanent custody of one of my daughters friends who was a teenager. Now that she is 19 what is my legal relationship to her? Can she still list me as next of kin for medical issues.

View more questions Search