Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marissasmommy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
    Can I move out of state with my kids with no permission if he moved out of state?
    OK well I have court orders where I have full custody he gets professional supervised visitation. But they also state I have to ask for permission from him to leave the state at all including vacations and moving. So my question is since he moved out of state do I still have to ask permission from him or is that part of the orders void? He just took off also would that be considered abandoning our kids? Thank you very much in advance

Jan 24, 2011, 09:41 PM

Oh and I don't want to file abandonment charges I just wanted to know
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 09:51 PM

When he moved out of state, you needed to have filed a motion to change the court visit order. So using his move, andhis not visiting ( will assume he is not visiting)

So it should not be hard to get court permission to move and/or change the custody agreeent

Jan 24, 2011, 10:01 PM

Yea he hasn't seen them in 6 months and he just moved last week. Ok thanks so no matter what I'll have to go through the courts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I take my kids out of state with out my ex husbands permission? [ 10 Answers ]

I want to move out of Florida, and my ex husband has nothing to do with our little girls. It would not be a permanent move but enough to get away from the drama. So I want us to move to Colorado. Do I have to get his permission? There is no custody order

Can I move with my children out of state without permission from their fathers [ 1 Answers ]

So I have two children and they both have different fathers I'm looking to move out of Iowa to Minnesota but not sure if I need a lawyer to do so. My 6 year old hasn't seen his dad for almost 3 years and they have no contact now he does pay childsupport. My 3 year old sees his dad on occasion but...

What would happen if I moved my kid out of state without wife permission [ 1 Answers ]

can I move out of state without my x wife's permission

What will happen to me if I moved out of state while on probation without permission? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to move out of state without telling my probation officer in order to start a new life and skip out on probation. What can happen if I do that?

How do I get permission to move out of state? [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Indiana and wish to move to TN with 2 minor children for several reasons. I am divorced with full physical custody. However, we share joint legal custody. Their father will not consent to my moving with the children. I cannot afford an attorney. I am aware of the information needed to...

View more questions Search