Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amber1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 07:21 PM
    Father and step mother die without will who gets the estate
    Father died in 1993, no will. Step mother died in May 2010. Who is entitled to the house that is still in fathers name and step mother moved out of 5 yrs before she died
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 08:25 AM

It depends on the state law. I've just lost my soothsayer's abilities and I cannot guess which state has jurisdiction.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2010, 08:34 AM

As noted ANY question of law needs to include your general location because laws vary by location.

A possible scenario is that that the estate went to the step mother as the spouse. Now it goes to the step mother's blood relatives, not the father's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother has alzheimers and she lives with my step father, can I take my mother away [ 2 Answers ]

My mother has Alzheimers and lives with my Step Father, He is 87 and growing frailer by the day, He can no longer take care of Her. He refuses to go into assisted living or to let Her go. Do I have the right to go in and force the issue for both of them or just take my Mother?

Adopting step father and natural mother split up before adoption is finalized [ 4 Answers ]

I am wondering... In the State of California about adoption proceedings.. A fathers rights were terminated, ( the 1 year abandonment is what got him, my brother had got in trouble, so the mom knew where to get him mom is only 21 years old, the judge so stated herself, that is not lack of his...

My mother passed away recently and our step father does not want to share her assets, [ 4 Answers ]

My siblings and I cared for our sick mother for the past 4 years 24 hours a day, but she recently passed away. We used our own money to pay for gas for travel when we cared for my mom which was several hundred dollars a month for several years and our stepdad would not help us at all, he doesn't...

My mother is on drugs and my step father is in jail [ 2 Answers ]

:mad:My mother is on drugs and my step father is in jail. My mother just got of the hospital for having a bad trip on PCP,Cocaine, and Marijuana. Now she has informed me that she wants to come get my little brother who I have had in my custody for a year and half. She has had drug problems and...

Power of attorney for health and estate for step mother [ 7 Answers ]

My husband has a step mother who became unable to care for herself in any way. She lives in Tucson and we live in NC. I need to know what we should do now... before my husband has to go out to Arizona to settle her estate. She has a home with a lean and is now in a hospital. She's about to be moved...

View more questions Search