Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smokeysbaby22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 11:06 AM
    Is it OK for the state to come into a home that you are trying to take your children out of and take them away from you? Is it OK for them to make you feel like you can't do anything with you life? Is it OK for them to make feel like the court is all one sided? Well, because of all of that I can't move on with my life as fast as I would like to. :confused:

People tell me that I can move on with my life. I married now and even though I have lost my children, I know that they will always love me for trying.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Fair, right, correct, really not enough info on why they took the kids, what court order was used to take them. And if this was a temporary emergancy removal or not.

But it is legal for them to do it when the court believes it is for the protection of the children.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2006, 11:11 AM
    The law can come and take your children away if it is for their protection. On what basis did they remove your children? Were your children placed in foster care or with another relative?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2006, 01:19 PM
    As pointed out we don't know enough to judge whether you were treated unfairly or not. Most children's services agencies are overworked and their mission is to protect the children, not the parents.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Child Protective Services (they go under a different name in each state but their purposes are all the same) have considerable authority, perhaps a little too much, to step in and claim custody of children when they believe said children are neglected or abused. You can go to court and petition for custody to be returned to you. If you truly believe that they were taken from you without good cause, then you should. A lot will hinge on exactly why they were taken from you and what evidence exists to substantiate or refute any allegations of abuse or neglect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search