Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rb2308 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 01:52 PM
    Sole custody child support
    I'm in the same situation as Phoenixfire with being a divorced mother applying for a passport for my 8year son. I'm from NJ. My ex lives in Guyana and we have not been in contact with each other since 2007. I now have to apply for sole child custudy and submit it the National Passport Center with the next 90 days or they will deny my son's application.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2010, 02:27 PM

So submit it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 04:34 PM

They can not approve it, if you don't try, do you have a immigration attorney helping you, if not you need to
    rb2308 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 04:54 PM
    I now have to apply to the courts with a lawyer for sole custody of my son. Just don't want it to drag on and cost me an arm and a leg. Have been searching the web for the last 24 hours for possoble answers and found this site.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2010, 05:21 PM

It may have to drag out depending on court schedules. An attorney can help you cut through as much of the red tape as possible.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing for sole child custody [ 3 Answers ]

My daughters father wants to give up all his parental rights. He doesn't pay child support and won't and that is why he wants to give me sole custody and terminate all his rights and responsibilities. So I am looking for the forms required. I can't afford a lawyer and legal aid is sending me around...

How to get sole custody of a child [ 1 Answers ]

Going through a divorce. Have 4 young children. Ex-wife is an unfit mother. I have visitation at the family home M-Th 7pm to 10pm and Fri 7pm through sun 6 pm at the family home (ex-wife vacates m-th from 7p - 10p and all weekend fri 7 p to sun 6p). Unfortunately, she is NOT abiding by the 10pm...

Sole custody and child support [ 6 Answers ]

The father of my 2 youngest children currently only sees them 4 days a month... they seem to impose on his lifestyle. He is always trying to get me to pick them up early or drop them off later (which I willing do because I miss them dearly). We currently have no court order in place I was trying to...

Obtaining sole custody of a child [ 6 Answers ]

My grandson's mom is not consistent on visitation. She always changes or lives in places that are not safe for my grandson. Last incidence - she decided to leave her mom's house to go live in a homeless shelter. My son wants to get sole custody of him. What are his chances of getting sole...

Does having sole custody grant me more child support? [ 3 Answers ]

If you have sole custody you will not be granted the amount the children deserve it would be based on the cost of living between both households. It also would be based on the income of both parties and expenses.

View more questions Search