Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmomchristyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 08:27 AM
    Can he stop my move?
    My husband I wish to relocate out of fl to ms. we have all together 7 children . My son 8 is from my previous marriage. I have legal residential custody of him. Can my ex stop our move?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2006, 08:39 AM
    It depends on the terms of the divorce and his visitation rights. If he has liberal visitation that he has been exercising he could block it on the grounds that it would cause a violation.

You need to consult the atty who handled your divorce.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Hello lil:

Yes, and he should.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Probably not. He can try but unless it was stipulated in the original custody order that you are not permitted to move out of state and especially if you can demonstrate that this move is in the best interest of all family members, it's unlikely that he'll convince the judge to order you not to move. You may have to shoulder the travel expenses associated with visitation once you do move.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I stop being miserable? [ 11 Answers ]

A couple months ago I tried to commit suicide by cutting my wrist... :( Now I get so upset so easily, and I cry a lot.What if I try to hurt myself again. I'm only 13. :( I used to go to counseling but now I can't make any appointments because my therapist can't take my insurance.I don't want to be...

Any medicines out there to help stop Smoking? [ 14 Answers ]

Dear Expert Any one have a good method to helping people to stop smoke ? Have any medicine can help ?Is expensive ? Thanks Dick

Starter Won't Stop! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MTD Garden tractor/mower. I heard a whinning sound while cutting grass. I shut it down but the sound continued. Discovered the starter was spinning. Could not stop it by turning the key. Disconnected the Negative side of battery and it continued to spin. Then, each time I touched the...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search