Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evamarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Define Supervised Visitation
    I have a situation of a biological non-custodial parent that has supervised visitation. She had custody taken away due to neglect & other agency's findings.

She does have supervised visits, and insist on trying to be alone with the child. Example, she will try to sneak out a door to take child alone to bathroom, and refuses to let the supervising person take him.

I would like to get her the facts to prevent confrontation. She is very confrontational and needs to have black & white in front of her to understand.

Thank you for you response.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 28, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Supervised visitation is the parent is only allowed to visit with the child in the company of another person. This person is usually a friend or relative that the two parents agree will be allowed to act as a chaperon. Supervised visitation often calls for a restriction of visitation to a particular location and time.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supervised Visitation? Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Maryland and my one-year old son's father has filed for joint legal custody. I am requesting sole custody with supervised visitation for him. He has destroyed property twice in my home (minor items but I have 2 police reports) plus left a bruise only ONE time when he grabbed my upper...

Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently in a custody battle with my x over my 13 year 3 mo. Old son. HIs father left him at my house almost 8 months ago. We have joint custody however I do not get child support nor have I ever. My son has only heard from his dad 4 or 5 times since he left him at my house in February. ...

Supervised Visitation [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I share joint guardianship (with another grandparent who hasn't been involved for 7 mths) of our two grandchildren. We located their father and have allowed him to have visits with them. Two weeks ago during their visit we were called by the children pleading to pick them up. Their...

Visitation [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend (not married) have a three year old son and we went to court in June 2005 and he was granted every other weekend visitation. From July 2005 to September 2005 he did only 4 visitations out of 21 visitation if he would have continued intil April 2006 and I am taking him back...

Someone Please define hooking up for me. [ 4 Answers ]

As I am creeping up on 40, I have lost some of the lingo, that is going around, I drive a bus for a living, and hear kids talk all the time, I constantly hear them say Ya, I was at a party and I hooked up with this one and then later I hook up with that one Someone Please define hooking...

View more questions Search