Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snizzle15992370 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 06:48 AM
    Can a stepfather adopt a stepchild if he has a record
    I know this person who does not want her ex husband to be a part of her son's life. She got remarried to a guy who does have a record. Can her new husband adopt this child?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:01 AM

If the child's father allows it, yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stepchild adoption [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married almost 4 years. My 10 year old daughter wants him to adopt her as he wants to also. Her father has stated he will sign over his rights. How do we start the process and do we need a lawyer to do so.:confused:

Stepchild not disciplined [ 1 Answers ]

My fiance's son is 14. He has been involved in a lot of trouble in the last few years. Just this past week he vandalized school property, was caught with a bottle of liquor stolen from a friends house, hooked out of school the next day & was caught having sexual activity with his sister's friend at...

My 21 year old daughter wants her stepfather to adopt her! [ 11 Answers ]

My 21 year old daughter would like my new husband to adopt her. She does not want to be her current last name which is my ex-husband's last name. Can you perhaps tell me what she can do to make this happen? How can she have my new last name?

My stepfather wants to adopt me, what are some pros and cons in the legal system? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 20 year old step-daughter, and my mom and step-dad want for him to adopt me. My mothers health is not good (she has Hep C and other liver problems) and in all reality, she probably does not have much time left. Call it paranoia, but I would like to know the legal differences of this...

Stepfather wants to adopt [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I have three children, two of which are from a previous relationship she had before our relationship began. I have been a father to these beautiful children for 12 and 11 years. Their biological father walked out of their lives when they were 4 months and 1years old, and he has never...

View more questions Search