Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladybmt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Father giving up rights to his child
    My husband and I been married for 10 months now. He has a son that's one years old that we love very much but the child's mother is very ignorant. She and I had a fight a couple of days ago, and now she's making threats that she's going to get someone to kill us or kidnap us, just crazy things. Now my husband wants to give up all rights to the child so we don't have to go through the drama. What to do?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 06:00 PM

Does he have joint custody/visitation orders?
    What is she fighting about?

You can get a PFA/restraining order against her. Then you can get the visitation order modified to pick up the kid and drop him off at a public place. With the order she would not be allowed to call him or anything.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 04:05 AM

So because she is crazy, your husband wants to throw his child away?

How about you deal with the real issue: the threats.

Well... the idiot husband is a real issue too... but that's another story.

Bottom line... he cannot give up his rights unless his ex is remarried and wants to have her husband adopt the child.

And no... if you want to throw the child away to avoid a little hassle, you do not "love very much "
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2009, 05:36 AM

You love this child very much, but you are willing to leave him in the hands of someone you feel is crazy?

Please don't delude yourself. Either you or your husband or both care very little about this child if you are so willing to dump it like you described.

You ask what to do. The answer is you fight for the child. Can you prove the threats? If so, then you file for a retraining order against the mother. Set up a neutral situation where the child can be picked up for visits. Maybe even fight for primary custody.

You can forget about him giving up his rights. Only a court can issue a TPR and they won't in this case.

Aug 12, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You love this child very much, but you are willing to leave him in the hands of someone you feel is crazy??

Please don't delude yourself. Either you or your husband or both care very little about this child if you are so willing to dump it like you described.

You ask what to do. The answer is you fight for the child. Can you prove the threats? If so, then you file for a retraining order against the mother. Set up a neutral situation where the child can be picked up for visits. Maybe even fight for primary custody.

You can forget about him giving up his rights. Only a court can issue a TPR and they won't in this case.
    I understand what your saying and thanks. We can prove the threats, she stated she will get people to tie me up and rape me and things like she fgoing to kill my husband, just crazy things. We have it all on vm.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 05:18 PM

You need to go to court and if you can use that as evidence that she is crazy.
    Don't sign your kid over and let her win.
    There has to be alternatives you just have to look and work out a game plan

Aug 12, 2009, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    You need to go to court and if you can use that as evidence that she is crazy.
    Don't sign your kid over and let her win.
    There has to be alternatives you just have to look and work out a game plan
    OK thanks so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving up my rights as a father [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old baby who my husband wants to adopt. My ex has for the last year not been a part of her life and could care less what happens to her, the child support that she was getting from her bio. Dad would not get a weeks worth of food so therefor I don't feel selfish for taking that...

Giving up rights of child to father [ 3 Answers ]

Mother wants to give up rights to father of the child I can't afford to support baby on my own how do I go about doing this, I live in Wisconsin.

Father giving up rights and child support [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! My son is 2yrs old I brought his father to court for child support in dec. he is already behind 1300.00. We also have a custody order. He is suppose to pick him up, every other weekend. Now that he knows that I'm a relationship and our son is always with me and my boyfriend he want to give up...

Father giving up his rights [ 1 Answers ]

How do we go about filing for the father to give up his rights to the child/

Father giving up parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I have never seen this chid. Never had contacted with the mother. I was druged when when the child was conceived. But I do have to pay child support. Any ideas for me

View more questions Search