Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pintita10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Can I collect back child support if my exhusband did well and our son is now 26?
    Can I collect back child support if my ex-husband did well and had restricted visiting rights, now that our son is 26 years old?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 06:32 PM

Why haven't you pursued it before this.

If he hasn't been paying back support all these years I don't think you can just one day decide to go after back support if you haven't been keeping up on it.
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pintita10 View Post
    Can I collect back child support if my ex-husband did well and had restricted visiting rights, now that our son is 26 years old?
    No. Your son is beyond child support age. All you have are whatever orders there were in the past and the entitlement to any support due under those orders. If you never had any orders it's too late. If you had them, it's too late to modify them.

That's about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father with no SS# How can I collect Child support? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I still collect child support if the father has no SS#?:confused:

How to collect child support from an enlisted Marine [ 4 Answers ]

I am needing to know how to establish child support for my daughter. Her father is currently a Master Gunnery Sgt in the Marine Corps currrently stationed in our home town of Chicago. He is not cooperative in areas of financial support or physically assisting with the responsibilities of being a...

Can I collect back child support? [ 3 Answers ]

My 19 year old sons father has been incarcerated in another state since before he was born. At the time of our divorce, the court ordered him to pay child support. I called the child support office and they said my ex does have an arrears of several thousand dollars. Can I still collect...

How do I collect child support arrears in judgement [ 6 Answers ]

OK - so now I'm owed almost 45,000.00 in back child support, most of it all in judgement. How on earth do I ever collect any of it? Are there any "loan companies" that will buy this & then they pursue it?

My deceased exhusband still owes back child support. [ 2 Answers ]

My exhusband died Dec 30, 2007. He still owes back child support. Will I ever see this? He had not filed his taxes for 07 yet and the state would have intercepted the return. Am I or the State of FL considered a creaditor against his estate? It there any hope in ever seeing the money? We need...

View more questions Search