Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amnort7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 07:06 AM
    Signing off from child support Florida
    In Florida is it possible for the custodial parent to sign off from receiving child support? If so how/where?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 07:20 AM

You don't have to enforce the payment if you want. But why would you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 07:40 AM

Unless it has previousy been turned over to child support enforcement, or collected though the courts, the one parent can merely not "ask" for any, BUT, BUT<<<<< in a few years the parent can easily change their mind, claim in court that the other person has just failed to pay, that parent gets all that back support to pay.

Remember it is not for the parent, it is for the welfare of the child, only the court can change the order, and it will not allow the other parent not to pay officially
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2009, 07:48 AM

If there is court ordered support, then any modificiation to the support agreement must be approved by the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over parental rights, child support still needed? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going through a tough situation with the mother of my child. I was wondering, if I sign over my rights as a father can she terminate child support? This is in the state of Maine. I want to know so I can protect myself. Please help me.

Child support questions state of Florida [ 3 Answers ]

My X-husband owes a few thousand dollars in child support, can I either lien his new house that has both his name and his new wife's name(which is a different last name) or I recently found out she deposited an inheritance in their joint account, can I freeze those assets and collect? thanks, MH

Signing house over in lieu of NYS child support? [ 9 Answers ]

My ex husband is currently on soc security disability. He was recently working as part of Social Security's program where you can still get benefits for 6 months while seeing if you can work. He left his job last Friday. He decided this week that he needs to work for the health ins benefits. ...

Child support/ signing over all rights [ 6 Answers ]

My brother has a three year old daughter that he is not aloud to see. Or let me rephrase that, the mother of the child does not allow him to see her. They have been to court numerous times about child support and visitation. Well now time has passed niether one of them is obeying the law. He...

Signing over rights & ending child support [ 15 Answers ]

I am a single mom, living in Indiana. I have an 8 year old daughter. Her biological father has not seen her since she was 1. After her birth, he requested a paternity test & was then ordered to pay child support. He has not paid for almost 6 years, but he also has not seen her, so I don't...

View more questions Search