Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nelly_belly26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Last name change
    My older brother has three boys from the ages 3 years to 4 days... none of them have our last name, if I were to make it possible for my brother to change their last name to ours for a christmas present or something with his permission how EXACTLY would I do this??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2008, 07:45 PM

Is he on the birth certificate of these kids?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 08:54 PM

Well first you would have to contact their mother(s) and ask her/them. Is he on the birth certificate? If he isn't on any of them the he isn't even the legal father. He would first have to go to court to have paternaty established. If the children's mother(s) don't agree to it then he will have to go to court and even then the judge won't always order it. Do you by chance have custody of the kids somehow?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why? [ 1 Answers ]

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why?

Name change [ 1 Answers ]

If I have custody of my son can I have his last name changed from his fathers to mine?

Name change [ 1 Answers ]

How can I change my son last name to my last name?

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

Name change [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I have two small children and my ex and I just got divorced and he lost custody of my children. I want to change their last name to my maiden name. I live in California and I don't know what the laws are. Can I just file for a name change and go on from there?

View more questions Search