Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwhite35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Indiana paternal grandparents rights
    Does Indiana allow paternal grandparents rights? I heard that grandparents have no right in the state of Indiana. Is this true?
    jwhite35 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 07:52 PM
    I am the maternal grandmother of my daughter child, my daughter does not want her father to see the child. Does the paternal grandfather have paternal rights in the state of Indiana, even though myself and her father were never married?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 07:57 PM
    There are first no automatic rights, any and all rights have to be awarded though the courts, Normally this comes from divorce and/or child custody issues.

So even if your state allows those rights, you are going to have to file a motion in court and appear before the judge to get them enforced.

Also even if they current do not allow, this is cutting edge in some area, so yours may be the court actoin to change law
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2008, 06:31 AM
    If he want's to go to court for visitation he can and a schedule will be set up unless he can be proven to be a danger to the child. Indiana has been allowing a lot more grandparent rights it does not matter that the two of you were never married he is still the grandfather. But as Fr chuck pointed out he would have to go to court to have his rights enforced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents rights after termination of rights over parents [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother of two children and my mother relinquished her rights of me and my sister when I was 12. Now here is my question... my mother wants to go for grandparents vistitaion for my children and my sisters and she is willing to got to court for it. I was told by my CPS worker that she...

Paternal rights [ 2 Answers ]

My illegal girlfriend is pregnant with my child (that will not be determined until after the child is born an a DNA test given). If DNA testing proves this child is mine can I gain full custody so she can never leave the country with my child ? Thanking you in advance

Paternal Rights [ 2 Answers ]

My brother and his (now separated) wife were married in Burlington, Ontario and they both moved to Vancouver B.C. where she got pregnant. She decided to leave him 6 months pregnant and fly to Holland where her parents reside to have the baby, my niece was born in Holland and the mother decided to...

Paternal Rights [ 2 Answers ]

What are the rights of the father if not married or living with mother?

View more questions Search