Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bruce Malone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Parent doesn't want child support
    Is there a way to formally terminate parental rights AND terminate the chance to get child support if both parties agree to it? There have not been any court orders for anything yet.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 06:26 PM
    What state are you in?
    Bruce Malone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 06:29 PM
    New York

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support owed by deceased parent [ 4 Answers ]

I am the custodial parent, my daughter is grown and her father just passed away in dec 2007. He owes back child support for several years, a little oevr 40,000.00, my daughter is grown and does not live with me any,ore and the father was having monies taken out of his check whenever the atty...

Step parent child support? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am married and live in Michigan with my wife and her 2 children from a prior marriage and 1 of our own. Her ex-husband refuses to pay her child support and as soon as the order went through for child support 9 years ago, quit his job and became "self-employed". He is currently going...

When is child support not the responsibility of the absent parent? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm confused. A poster recently told me that giving up parental rights may absolve a parent (father) of the responsibility of paying child support. (I actually received a red-confetti disagreement over it.) Would the mother's agreement that the father no longer had parental rights be needed? How...

Child support/custodial parent moves in with boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I just got ordered by court to pay $200 a week in child support for my one daughter. Now I find out from my 9 year old daughter that her mommy's boyfriend has been living with them and now are moving into other house. He is paying for everything. My question is can my child support be...

How to get child support for children of a parent on ssi [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know what do I do if my two kids father draws ssi?the ? Is how do I get help for my kids? Do I need to apply for ssi for the both? He doesn't have to pay but should I have to do it on my own?

View more questions Search