Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynnvolleyball Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change
    15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent.

Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the expense of an attorney?

I have "Instructions for Florida supreme court approved family law form 12.982 (c), petition for change of name (minor child(ren))" that appear can be completed for name change (does not mention birth certificate). It does state that the minor child live in FL.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 09:01 AM
    He lives in WI with his dad? If his dad is a resident of WI, then file the petition to change name in WI. What reason would anyone have to amend or change the birth certificate?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnvolleyball
    15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent.

Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the expense of an attorney?

I have "Instructions for Florida supreme court approved family law form 12.982 (c), petition for change of name (minor child(ren))" that appear can be completed for name change (does not mention birth certificate). It does state that the minor child live in FL.

The birth father agreed to have his name changed on or removed from the birth certificate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth certificate name change [ 4 Answers ]

How do I change the spelling of my first name on my birth certificate?

Changing your birth certificate after a legal name change [ 2 Answers ]

I recently legally changed my name. Have all my legal papers, new social secutiy card, drivers license etc. however now my origanl birth cert does not reflect my name change. I was born in up state New York, lived in Nevada where name change was done and now live in Florida. How do I get this...

Birth certificate name change [ 2 Answers ]

I Would Like To Take Off My Son Biological Fathers Name And Put My Husband Name

Minor child's last name change parents never married both last names on Birth certifi [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 10 and I need to know how to change her last name. Both last names of the parent and non custodial parents last names are on the Birth certificate (hyphenated) but she only uses one name, however schools she attends uses both with the non custodial parents last name first. She...

Birth Certificate change [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three year old with no father on his birth certificate. I am married now with a 3 months. Old. My husband wants to sign my oldest son birth certificate. Is this allowed by law? There is no established father for my son. Thank you. (I live in Miami, FL)

View more questions Search