Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunnyluckey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Mom was murdered
    My mother was murdered when I was 19 And I am know 22 why can't I stop crying ? She was all I had and Ill never be the same with out her . What do I do
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Feb 29, 2008, 05:07 PM
    That kind of pain may last for a lifetime. I lost my mother, though not by death, at a very young age. She simply deserted us after her affair and later marriage to another man. No matter how much time goes by, I still feel that pain. All of my brothers seem to feel it to some degree, though the younger ones seem more affected by it. Just be thankful to have had her as long as you did. I haven't had relations with my mom since I was 8. Sorry about what happened. Losing my grandparents over the last few years was hard for me too. I cried over them for a while, and still do now and then. I just think of them and try to live my life in a way that would make them proud. You are never alone, I am here for you if you want to talk.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 05:42 PM
    I am sorry for your loss.
    This part of the grieving process, there is no set time. Did you get some counseling after this happened? It may help you to do that. There may be groups you can join for people who have lost loved ones to violence.
    I wish you well.
    tjshawty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyluckey
    My mother was murdered when I was 19 And I am know 22 why can't I stop crying ? she was all I had and Ill never be the same with out her . what do I do
    I lost my mama at 14 from heart disease! For me the pain has never went away! I could never find the mama love she gave me!
    tjshawty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 12:02 AM
    [QUOTE=tjshawty]I lost my mama at 14 from heart disease! For me the pain has never went away! I could never find the mama love she gave me! I have 3 kids now and I'm terrified that I'm going to leave them to early! My WONDERFUL MAMA was only 34 yrs old.
    darhe3425 Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Don't stop crying until you are ready. When she comes to you, your mother, keep doing everything that comes to your mind and heart. She will help you move on, but cry when, if, and how long you need to. It really is okay.
    I still cry... small, not guffaws, but quietly sometimes while driving and listening to some song I knew she liked... that is how you are honoring her. Take your time. Keep seeking support. We understand.
    veruschkan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 11:27 PM
    Someone killed my mother "just because." No theft - nothing. He just snapped and took the love of my life away. This happened last month. I'm so sad and angry and resentful to God right now. I know he has the answers to why, but those answers - whatever they are - don't fill me or console me. I miss her sooo much. It used to bug me when she would worry too much about me or was too nosy, but now the silence is unbearable. I walk around this world and it isolates me to see others living their own lives because they can't even fathom that the person in front of them had a parent who was loved murdered. So, I hope you vent. Vent, cry, and talk about your feelings. I lived with my sister's family for a while and I felt stifled because I could cry around her children. Also, I didn't want to worry her, so I bottled everything in. But I did no on any favors - especially myself - by pretending I'm okay when I'm not. So I moved back to my own place and I let myself cry all I wanted. It's the best decision I ever did. I let myself grieve the way my heart wanted to. I have only been doing this for 2 days, but I started to feel the importance of accepting to myself that I have right to cry and be depressed after losing her. She was a large part of my life. An unconditional love that because I'm young I took for granted. It's not that I'm being hard on myself, it's that I'm letting go of any insignificant resentment towards her and only feel how much I've always loved her and how much more she gave me than she received or ever asked from me. I think that my tears are only a reflection of how bigger than life my mother was. It is very had to accept that someone neither she nor I knew could take her life "just because." It just really pisses me off. But it's beyond my control and all I can do is remember my mom and cherish her love for me for the rest of my life. God be with those of your who are going through this. Be strong and live because that is what any loved one would want for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams of being murdered [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could help me... I keep having dreams about being chased and brutally murdered with an ax. In the most recent dream, we were all homeless, but there was one crazy guy who bullied everyone else. Then he went into the woods and murdered a man and took his clothing and other...

My sister was murdered [ 5 Answers ]

My sister was recently murdered in a very brutal way. My family and I want to know who did such a violent crime, but there isn't much evidence to go on. I have never done anything like this before, but I want to contact a psychic to find an answer. Am I grasping at straws? Are there truly...

Dream of being murdered [ 1 Answers ]

I keep having a recurring dream of some men kidnapping me and putting me in a wooden box (like a coffin), nailing the lid shut and then throwing it into the water (I live in a city next to the water). It is very dark and I'm trying to get out. I usually wake up in a cold sweat at that point. ...

Murdered Friend [ 7 Answers ]

Hi... I am Sparkling princess :)... I have a friend who was murdered and am unable to locate the newspaper article or an obituary for her. The only information I have is that she died about 6 months ago. Where do I get the information rom?

Sister murdered [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 2.5 yrs ago my sister was brutally murdered.the killer is still in county jail in so ca awiting trial. Does the system work ? Its been so frustrating & my family is torn apart. Here's a webpage I made about my sister with the local newspaper articles. ...

View more questions Search