Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mowens18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Am I entitled to back child support?
    I'll be 18 in a little less than a month now and it's my question on weather I'm entitled (when I'm legally declared an adult) to 13 years of unpaid child support? I read in some other posts where the money would go to the parent who raised me, however it makes more sense to me that if I were to pursue the case as an adult I should receive it. Please enlighten me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Support goes to the custodial parent to be used to provide for the child.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 01:52 PM
    I agree with Scott-the custodial parent is the ONLY entitled to CS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I entitled to child support if we split custody? [ 5 Answers ]

I lived with my ex-boyfriend for 8 years. We have one child together and another who is younger that he had with another woman and who I have raised since he was three years old. We separated in May because HE wanted to and I moved out. I had just made a major career change (to work for NY State)...

Back child support [ 4 Answers ]

I was in prison for 8 1/2 years and I was wondering if I have to pay back child support if they were on welfare. Also it's the child's grandmother who has custody over the child and she is only asking me for child support and not the child's mother. What should I do? Please help

Back Child Support [ 4 Answers ]

My ex and I have been divorced now for 13 years and he has not paid an extra cent in child support for my three children since 1996. My kids are now 24, 21 and 18 (2 still in school) Can I take him back to court for back pay on unpaid child support for cost of living increases? I always thought...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

View more questions Search