Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blueneon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Ex husband signed son over to state
    Ok here is one for everyone, I'm lost and don't know what to do.

About 2 1/2 years ago, I moved my ex-husband and son to north Idaho so I could be closer to my son. Well, my ex-husband wound up marrying a psychotic women about 6 months later. A little bit less than 2 months later, I wasn't allow to speak or see my son. I called CPS and they said that there was nothing they could do about it because I was just a disgruntled parent who wanted to get even. In the two years that I wasn't allowed contact, he had talked to my best friend in the town they lived in and she would in turn call me about what was said. Well come to find out, a little over a year ago they had just up and moved to Wyoming in the middle of the night. My friend called me a month before thanksgiving last year and said they had moved.
    I had received a letter from Wyoming child support services saying I needed to pay my child support. I called them to tell them that I wasn't allowed to see him and therefore I am not paying my child support and that's when I found out that my ex had signed my son over to the state of Wyoming. I contacted his caseworker in DFS and then she gave me his counselors name and number in the orphanage where he was. I talked to him and told him what has gone on and what has happened in the time I was wasn't allowed contact.
    To make a long story short. I was told by Wyoming that I would have him by the end of summer 07 and since then it has changed. Where he is in Wyoming is a 15 hour drive for me. I have been to see him twice now and they want me to see him every other month. They were supposed to move him to Idaho to where I could see him more often. But since I can't get to Wyoming as much as they want me to, I am an unfit mother who wants nothing to do with my child. I call him all of the time. I have told them that I can't afford to take a trip like that and they say because I can't afford it, then that means that I can't afford to keep my child in my home.
    I need some advice on what to do. I have contacted a Pro-Bono attorney in the state of Wyoming and I'm just waiting to see if they can help me.
    Can somebody please help me??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2007, 03:53 PM
    I know the CPS games all too well and I really don't think there is anything you can do because they do look at your record of visits and they do think you should be able to handle things that may be impossible as "your being unfit".
    You should have gone to CPS for when they quit letting you see him and made an issue of it then. Cause now they will hold it against you that you let it go so long. Now you more or less have to spend more time fighting them and they get nastier with their games when you fight them. They also do not care if you do not get to see the child they still have you pay the child support. They treat it as two different issues. Keep on them because when you 'wait to see if they will help you' they say you are not being pro-active and use that against you. SO call them everyday and I mean everyday. I wish there were some way to take CPS to court but they seem to be above the law and it is hard to win if you do.
    blueneon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 03:12 AM
    I did go to CPS when they lived in Idaho when I first wasn't allowed to see him and that's when I was told that I was just a discruntled parent. It's the state of Wyoming (Dept. of Family Services) and the so called orphanage that he is in (St. Josephs Children's Home) that is doing this to me.
    Thank you though for your support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to adopt my son [ 6 Answers ]

We live in Pennsylvania and I just got married and my husband wants to adopt my 7 year old son. The biological father is not in the picture and has had made no attempt to be a part of my sons life. He is not listed on the birth certificate and I have no idea where he lives. Can I just list my...

My son and my husband [ 2 Answers ]

I have been married for a little over a year, and I have a son and a daughter only the daughter belongs to my husband. My sons father hasn't been in his life for 3 and a half years and my husband as been there since he was 2 years olds, my son will be 4 years old Monday, his father wasn't there for...

Validity of quit claims signed during marriage in comm prop state [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is family or real estate law... during and 11 year marriage my husband and I started acquiring rental properties. He stated his job prevented him from owning any other business( partner in a big firm ) , so we set up an LLC with me as the sole partner, he signed a document...

Co-signed a loan now my son is not paying for the car I am [ 1 Answers ]

I am curious to know what my legal rights are. The situation is my son was unable to get approved for a loan on a vehicle. I signed with him and he has since missed payments that I have made to insure my credit line. What are my options? I live in Tennessee

Ex Husband trying to take my son. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old son that during the past two years has stayed primarily with his dad and grandfather. This is for a couple reasons. First the private school they wanted is simply to far for me to commute in between every day. Second, my new boyfriend is a real man and his dad is afraid of this...

View more questions Search