Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BillieKay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Divorce, alimony
    I live in Florida, I make more money than my husband. He is an alcoholic with 2 hospitilization with record of high blood alcohol, the hospitilization a direct consequence of alcohol. He has capacity for higher earning potential but has not chosen to seek a higher paying job. He has potential for inheritance, I do not. Do I have any chance of avoiding alimony if I divorce him in Florida. My annual income 70,000, his 32,000 :confused:
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Probably not. You're probably going to be stuck. If he does eventually inherit money you can always seek a modification based on changed circumstances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alimony [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Advice, I divorced and live in California, due to the high cost of living, I am contemplating to move back home in Texas. Can my ex-husband ask the court for the amount of alimony awarded be adjusted? Since then, I have also earned my Bachelor’s in Science in education but, is still not...

TN Divorce and Alimony [ 9 Answers ]

I'm asking this for a friend in TN - no really!:o My friend who is a highly paid professional has been married to a man for about 20 years. Although the hubs is also educated they made the choice to have him stay home and even homeschool their children (now college aged). NOW... the wife finds...

Do I still get alimony if husband takes custody of children after the divorce [ 3 Answers ]

When I got divorced we both got joint custody of children and I got child support and alimony awarded to me for 3 and a half years after,my ex took me back to court and gained custody of children should he still be paying me alimony?

Alimony [ 2 Answers ]

HEllo, I am having a problem with my alimony. See I pay on a regular; but now I have a new woman in my life and she is pregnet. I was wondering is there any way to lower my alimony payments or to stop them in any way? I have two step kids as well and I am trying to remarry, so I would like to...

View more questions Search