Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrgrey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 06:32 AM
    Does child support start the 1st of the month
    We pay child support on the 15th of every month and live in GA. The child turned 18 in Feb. We continue to pay child support while she is enrolled in secondary school(which is high school). My question is does child support run from the 15th-15th or the 1st -30. She will graduate 29th of may.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 16, 2009, 07:46 AM

Depends on your courts papers and agreements that have been reached. Many agencies figure it yearly and slice it up to fit the pay periods of the NCP. So how yours is set and who it is paid to ( an agency or direct ) should be in your paperwork.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 09:52 AM

My non-legal opinion is that its your kid - splurge and pay the whole month regardless.

Other than that... I agree with Calif.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Will I still get child support if my son is with his dad for a month? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know if I send my son to spend 6 weeks of vacation with his grandparents(qhich happens to be where his dad lives as well). Do I still receive child support for the month and 1/2 he's gone? I don't mean to sound like a gold digger. Me and the dad have not gone to court and have an...

I have custody of my kids 1 month - do I have to pay child support for said month? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I live in separate states. In our divorce agreement, he gets custody of the kids 90% of the time and I do 10% of the time. This ends up being one month out of the summer that I get them. Am I obligated to pay him child support for this one month that I have them, and, if so, how...

How to lower my child support with paying 1000 month [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a single father here in stone mountain Georgia I have been hit with a $1000 in child support for two kids, my oldest 16 with 340month, and son 4 with 600 month, my take home pay is $1700 month, my monthly bills are $2200 month its no way I can live off 500. I need some help, what are my...

When does child support actually start? [ 11 Answers ]

I live in Alabama and have a 4 month old son. My husband and I are getting a divorce, in fact I just signed the papers last week. The problem is that now he is telling me that he will offer no support of any kind until the papers are filed and it is court ordered. He is still paying off his...

View more questions Search