Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PaigeMarieSmith Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 10:59 AM
    My husband wants to adopt my son...
    My husband and I have been married for almost a year now, and I have a son that will be 3 this year, and we what to know what we need to do so my husband can adopt him, his birth dad got married and has not ben a part of my sons life, and its just a long story all to gather... can some one help?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 20, 2012, 11:05 AM
    Entirely possible but hire an attorney and locate the birth father.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Yes you hire an attorney, the attorney will draw up the adoption paper work, and the attorney will get in contact with the bio father to have him sign his rights away to allow the adoption.

This will be presented to the court and there should be no issue

May 20, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Entirely possible but hire an attorney and locate the birth father.
    My sons birth dad left me when I was 7 months and started dating 2days before I had Jt and he didn't come to see Jt un tell a day after he was born and his name is on the paper as his dad, do I need consint from my sons dad, we don't have much money trying to work on a house before my and my husbands baby is born...

May 20, 2012, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Yes you hire an attorney, the attorney will draw up the adoption paper work, and the attorney will get in contact with the bio father to have him sign his rights away to allow the adoption.

This will be presented to the court and there should be no issue
    Thank you for so much help, and the best things arre always hard to get or to find, but ever thing happens for a resson thank you bouth for you time and help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If my son is in prison for a sex offence can his ex girl friends husband adopt my son [ 5 Answers ]

Child with out his permission. He was not married to her but birth records shows my son as the father and he has court ordered visitation. Thanks Worried Grandmother

How can my husband adopt my son in fl? [ 3 Answers ]

I was raped at 17 then found out I was pregnant four months later. My mother encouraged me to give the child up for adoption. I started the process, but backed out after actually seeing the child and building a connection with him. Obviously, I don't have a name or even a location for the father...

The father of my son passed away and my new husband wants to adopt my son? [ 1 Answers ]

My son's father passed way almost two years ago. I just remarried and my new husband wants to adopt my son. My new husband has been taking care of my son like his own for a year now and my son just adores him and all ready calls him "Dad". We live in Illinois and just wanted to know where we...

My husband wants to adopt my son [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've got married recently to a German citizen. (And I am Canadian). He wants to adopt my 6 years old son. How is possible? And what we should do to go with the adoption process in Canada. (In my son's birth certificate, I did not provide any information about his biological father.) ...

Can my husband adopt my son [ 2 Answers ]

I live in louisana with my son, my husband, and my daughter. I am looking into my husband adopting my son. His father and I were never married and have a court order for visitations and child support. He has not seen our son in almost two years or paid child support in almost the same time. I got...

View more questions Search