Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    xaviera12's Avatar
    xaviera12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 2, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Relinquishing parental rights
    I just found out that the paternity of my youngest child is in question. So Because the father is months behind in child support I want him to relinquish his rights for the support the child in question. So where does he go to fill out this info at and or can it be downloaded from the internet, because truly its not like he has been paying anyway. So really I doing all the work for both my kids while he beats the system.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7691

    Sep 2, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Ok, seriously? No there are no down loaded forms, there is no fill in the blank forms,
    1. it is doubtful he can even give up his rights, and if he is allowed to after a court hearing where he hires an attorney and takes you to court. He will still have to pay you child support in almost all cases. Except where adoption of the child by a new partner.

    2. If it is possible that he is not the father, he can file in court challenging him being the father in court with a DNA test.

    So you take him back to court and use child support enforcement.
    Gem_22205's Avatar
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129
    Senior Member

    Sep 2, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Just for your information. Terminating ones parental rights is generally done only to clear the way for adoption. It does not dissolve one from any financial responsibility. One will still be obligated to the court ordered child support unless that order is modified. I would suggest to hire an attorney to eliminate misunderstandings.

    There a lot of post out there on just this subject.
    stinawords's Avatar
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

    Sep 2, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Wow read some of the other threads on here. Your two choices are to take him back to court for support or if the other possible father wants to know if it is his kid he can go to court and challenge paternaty. The judge will order a DNA test and things will either stay the same or the other father will be ordered support and given visitation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing my parental rights [ 9 Answers ]

Is it possible to relinquish my parental rights? My 15 year old daughter won't stay out of trouble and I don't want to be responsible for bringing her back into our home each time she is released from juvenile detention. I've had to pay for her lawyer, court costs, probation fees, missed time...

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 9 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the father of the child wants nothing to do with it. He is willing to relinquish his parental rights because he doesn't want to pay child support. He keeps telling me that his lawyer is preparing the proper documentation but I don't believe him. Can he relinquish his rights...

Relinquishing parental rights [ 7 Answers ]

I currently pay child support, howerver I never see the child. In the divorce, it stated that if I wanted to see the child I would have to be supervised. I never attempted to do this. But his mother has allowed me to see him approx. a total of 5 times in eleven years. With that being said, can I...

Relinquishing parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

How do you relinguish your parental rights? I need to know. I am so to, interested in doing this.

Relinquishing parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

The father of my children is not involved with them at all. Lives in a different state and rarely even calls and never paid child support. How can I go about having him giving up his rights? We have discussed this when he called 4 months ago. Just don't know how to go about it.

View more questions Search