Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    JohnPalmSprings's Avatar
    JohnPalmSprings Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 12, 2006, 09:39 PM
    Release of Child Support Lien
    I received a release of lien in June 2005. However, it was never recorded in the county courthouse. State of Colorado has now levied my bank account. They say they have a valid lien, but refuse to explain the release that I have. Frankly, they are very indignant and will not attempt to explain anything. They've hung up on me many times.

    They previously had liens in two counties in California. I live in one county and own property in the other. I have no property anywhere else. Anyway, I checked the records in both counties, and they do not have any lien against me, other than the liens that were released last year.

    My question: Is it too late to record the General Release of Child Support Judgment lien that is dated June 2005? I have the original signed and notarized releases. Should I go down to the courthouse and record them now?

    A second question: The levy notice that the bank received is a computer-generated form on plain paper and does not bear a signature. Is this a legal form of levy? Is the bank obligated to abide by it without a signature?
    preach's Avatar
    preach Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 29, 2009, 01:04 PM
    How get a lien for child support off your bank account
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Aug 30, 2009, 10:23 AM

    Are you pating to the system in California or the one in Colorado ? That's going to make a big difference in your answer that you receive. Also what agency were you dealing with as far as the bank account is concerned ?

    As far as your documents supporting a bank account levey there is no way to tell without seeing the original document. It may only be a preliminary document with suporting documents to follow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

View more questions Search