Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    classy38's Avatar
    classy38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 30, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Paying child support during the summer, but I have her during the summer.
    When we got our divorce, I didn't pay attention to the fact that I would be paying child support during the summer months too and I have the child during the summer. Can I file a petition for him to pay me payments during the summer months? I am basically paying him all year round.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Oct 30, 2009, 02:12 PM

    No, child support is based on a calnder year and that's the way they calculate it. So even though you have custody for the summer vacation period you still are responsible for child support.
    stinawords's Avatar
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

    Oct 30, 2009, 10:01 PM

    No, as Calif said it is based off a year so the fact that you have the child during the summer months was already calculated into the support. Other wise you would be paying more than you are now all year round.
    Phoenix521's Avatar
    Phoenix521 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 18, 2013, 11:24 PM
    My ex- wife child support stops for the 6 weeks I have my son in the summer And I live in California her in another state My lawyer asked for it during court and I claim him for taxed every other year

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I be paying child support for a child not mine in marrige? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I be force to pay child support through marrige even if the child is not mine?

How to prove child is emancipated,so I can stop paying child support? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old child who graduated in june08.I was told by judge because of new (mass.)law I have to prove she's emancipated, in order to stop child support.She supposedly lives with her mom .doesnt go to school.I can't find any info,because she's 18(privacy laws).On court order it says I...

Paying Child Support to mom who abandoned child [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try to be brief... My 17 year old daughter chose to live with her mom 100% of the time a year and a half ago. My ex drug me through the court system fighting for an increase in my child suport even though I was still paying her (through automatic deduction from my pay check) for my daughter...

Can I write off summer school for ADHD child? [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 year old daughter has ADHD. She attended Sylvan Learning Center last summer to try to catch up to other students her age. We purchased a block of hours for $ 3,800. She attended all summer and on weekends till Christmas. She studied reading, writing, and math. She has an IEP from her...

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

View more questions Search