Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    stathies's Avatar
    stathies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 31, 2016, 12:28 PM
    NY State, can I apply to court to be able to supervise visits between friend/her son
    My friend is working to get non supervised visits with her son, until then I would like to be able to supervise their visits, but have no idea how to do this.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Aug 31, 2016, 12:53 PM
    It depends on the wording of the court order as to the nature of the supervision. So I would start with reading the court order. If there is no specification as to the type and capabilities of the supervisor, your friend can petition the court to allow you to be the supervisor. The court will probably order Family Services to thoroughly check you out. In addition the custodial spouse may have some say in the matter.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,272, Reputation: 7690

    Aug 31, 2016, 05:43 PM
    If there is court ordered supervision. Then the court should have said who is allowed to supervise. You can not "apply" but the parent (or guardian) can go to court to have you approved. ** although most is done though special supervision centers or trained supervisors. Normally this has to be a person both sides agree to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overnight visits for 7 month son [ 2 Answers ]

My 7 month old son's father who pays child support says that legally at one year he is entitled to have baby for 30 consecutive days. Is this true? He goes 3 weeks at a time without seeing child and doesn't know him at all. I have not signed anything yet he is having papers drawn up now.

How to arrange through court visits with your child? [ 7 Answers ]

My Boyfriend would like to start seeing his son more often and more regular but the mum won't allow it she's always messing it around, so I am trying to help him arrange proper visits so he doesn't have to go through her all the time and always get let down. How do I got about it like what number I...

How can I move out of state with my son when there is a court order? [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a way to fight a court order and move out of state with my son? Currently he spends 1/2 the time with the father and 1/2 with me. Our judge at 1 point put me on supervised visits ordererded me into anger managemrent. After a few monthes his father took me off the visits giving...

Are overnight visits for an 18 year old mandated by the court? [ 16 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. I am divorced with an 18 year old son (who is a senior in high school) and a 10 year old daughter. Up until last month, my son lived with me full-time and my daughter part time. When my son turned 18, he decided to move in with his mother; therefore requiring me to pay...

Fathers visits were cancelled pending dads return to court [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering, if anyone has any answers that can help. If a fathers visitations were stopped PENDING dad coming back to court,( dad was the one that requested the order to begin with to get MORE visitations/custody with his daughter),( but was unable to make it to court) AND if dad was...

View more questions Search