Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    wildelewis's Avatar
    wildelewis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 20, 2007, 01:07 PM
    New husband wants to adopt my single-parent adopted child.
    I adopted a baby 4 years ago as a single-parent adoption.
    There is no father on the birth certificate, just me as the birth mother.
    How can he adopt my son and have his name added to the birth certificate?
    Thank you!
    GV70's Avatar
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

    Aug 20, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Easy... file for step-parent adoption
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Aug 20, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Yes this should be easy ( unless there is a loop hole in your states adoption laws)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To tell or not tell the child they are adopted [ 23 Answers ]

We have young children but as they grow older I am concerned whether we should tell them they are adopted or hope they do not discover. My cousin who is older than I stll feels she is bio yet the family knows different. What are your thoughts

Searching for a child that has been adopted [ 2 Answers ]

My older sister gave birth to a baby girl on the 6th of January 1975 which she called Caroline before she gave her up for adoption. I would like to make contact with this girl if possible and of course if that's what she wants also... I believe her name is Lisa Maree now? I also know that she is...

Single Parent Drama [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My name is KooKoo and I am the mother of a handsome son. I never married his dad. I do not receive child support from the dad. I basically raise him alone. I want to move to another state, Do I have to get permission from the dad to do this? And how can I file for full/soul custodial rights...

How would my husband adopted my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is amber. My husband wants to adopted my daughter, but we don't know where her bio father is. How do I do this . How would I go about my husband adopting her?

Mother and single parent daughter sharing a house [ 7 Answers ]

I am a single parent of an 8year old girl and I recently received a job which is causing me to relocate. When I notify my mother of the job and the relocation, she asked if she could live me. I was instantly horrified, my mother is controlling, intrusive, noisy, opinionated, bossy and...

View more questions Search