My boyfriend took a private paternity test for his alleged 4 year old daughter. The results were negative. He has been paying child support ($600.00 appox per month) and he was told by his case worker from the child support department that he had a slim chance of the child support being terminated. That the judge would find in favor for the best interest of the child.. However, he would like to still be in her life, but he does not want to be court ordered to pay child support. Initially, the mother of the child told him that the child was another persons, then she changed her statement and said the child was his. Can a judge really order child support to continue if a court ordered dna test was done and came back negative? We live in South Bend, In. will it be in his best interest to pay for an attorney or can this matter be resolved by him simply requesting a paternity test from the court?