Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    sherriatw's Avatar
    sherriatw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 16, 2018, 01:34 PM
    The mother took her child\children to Maryland without fathers consent for approximat
    The mother took her child\children to Maryland without fathers consent for approximately 3 months and only child support has been set. She returned to Nebraska and left her child\children with her mother while she returned to Maryland. She left June 4th,2018 she has not returned and dad called her mother cause he wasn't getting any response from her. The very next day she got ahold of him and he asked about his daughter and she said she was great. She sent some pictures some of which I have already got ahold of. she does not know he knows of the situation going on. he asked if he could face time his daughter and her response was my video was broke which I'm almost positive its just another lie. what can he do on his own at minimal cost. we already have printed papers off of the supreme court website for a request for parenting time.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855

    Jul 16, 2018, 02:31 PM
    The only thing that counts is what is written as a court order about custody and visitations. Until then she can do what she wants and lie about anything she wants.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,701, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Jul 24, 2018, 04:17 PM
    No she cant do what she wants. Taking the child out of state could be kidnapping. What needs to be done is to file with the courts for a custody hearing and be sure to request visitation or custody that you want to occur. Both parents have rights to the child until they are removed from them by the courts. Neither side should be allowed to use the child as a weapon nor a bargining chip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights if mother leaves with the children without his consent [ 26 Answers ]

Husband and wife move from CO to TX with 2 children, 2 years old and 9 months old. Mother is secretly trying to leave with the children back to CO without the Father knowing OR any consent from him. What are his rights as the sole provider and Father to these children? Can she legally do this...

My children's mother let her new husband adopt my children without my consent [ 4 Answers ]

I have not seen my children for almost 4 years. My ex girlfriend and I had 2 kids together and things didn't work out. We decided to go our separate ways and that it was best for the children but promised I would still see them. She allowed me to see them every now until one day she told me she was...

Can a mother send a child on a plane without fathers consent? [ 7 Answers ]

My daughter is seventeen years old and wants to fly to Florida to visit her sister. I have said no, but her mother said she's buying the ticket and sending her anyway. Our divorce paper states that she has to have my permission to leave the state, so what can I do if she sends her? I know she would...

Can mother take child from country without fathers consent [ 1 Answers ]

Couple have been married for 2 years and have a child inbritian. Mother is from the fillipines and father is british- have decided to split and mother is threatening to take child back to fillopines, can she take the child out of Britain without the fathers consent? Please Help!

Changing my children's surname with out fathers consent [ 1 Answers ]

I wish to find out how I go about changing my children aged 15 & 12 surname from their birth fathers surname to my surname. Their Father lives in western australia and we live in victoria, he has only called the children once this year and on rare occasions in the past, He has had a few visits...

View more questions Search