My mother passed away a few months ago. She left no will. She left some bills and an auto loan with a balance. I have been making payments on the car and it is almost paid off. I have not filed for probate, but I do have letters of renunciation filled out by my family members renouncing the right to administer the estate and asking that letters of administration are assigned to me. The car is located, insured & registered in NJ and my mother passed away and lived in PA. My brother is driving it for now since he was also on the insurance. How can I get the car changed into my name after it is paid in full or do I need to go through probate? If I go through probate, will they take her car away to pay for all the bills she had?