Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    cmccall85's Avatar
    cmccall85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 26, 2013, 10:21 PM
    As a mother do I have the right to take my son from grandparent.
    I went through some trouble and put my son in the care of his paternal grandma until I got back on my feet and healthy again, I am now asking to have him back and she is refusing, he has been in her care for 1 year.
    epm1959's Avatar
    epm1959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 27, 2013, 12:17 AM
    I work for social services.
    Providing you can prove that you are able to look after your son and can provide a secure base a loving caring environment with food and warmth.
    That you can give him stability .
    You should be able to apply to have him back .
    Contact your social worker and your solicitor to make application to the court for him to be returned to your care.
    I presume you did not give up your parental right and that you did not sign a guardianship paper for them to have him .
    I am presuming that they took him on as "Family and friends "
    Good luck
    But for your son's sake I hope you have turned your life around as the court will not look on it kindly if you mess this child about .
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Oct 27, 2013, 05:17 AM
    First question is whether this was a formal or informal arrangement.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Oct 27, 2013, 05:53 AM
    Yes before we can answer this question accurately, we need to know under what conditions you left your son with his grandmother. If this was just an informal arrangement you should be able to just take him back, if not you have to go to court. Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

    Aside to epm:
    Welcome to AMHD. Thank you for trying to help our members. But, as Joy and I said, you are making assumptions about this situation then may exist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nonmarried father's rights when mother abandons child with grandparent [ 5 Answers ]

The child's mother left daughter with maternal grandmother and has been on a drinking binge for 6 days. Now the maternal grandmother is refusing to bring the child home to me. The child's mother and I were never married and I would like to know what I need to do in order to get my child back from...

Why will my son's mother not tell me the truth about my son. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello out. Back in 1979 I was called up and she told me she was in the hosp having a child,and that it was mine.I said we had a lot to talk about and she said no,I am giving it up for adoption,told her no I would take it and again told me no,ending the call.Me not knowing the law or my rights I...

How Do You Equalize Being Grandparent and Step-Grandparent [ 4 Answers ]

We have a son that was divorced about 5 years ago, he gave us two precious granddaughters. He met a woman a few years ago and married her, she has two children by her first husband. Here is our problem. We have always been close to our granddaughters and have enjoyed them since they were born. ...

Mother/son dance [ 3 Answers ]

I like the song "thank you" by led zeplin for mother son dance but my daughter in law thinks it may be inappropriate. I don't want that! Can anyone let me know if it is or is not? I want a cool song but nice. Looking for some cool songs that are ballads to dance with my baby boy! Here are the...

Will mother and son know each other? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old male cat. We got him from my grandfather who still has the mother and the sister. They were together until he was about 4 months old. If I brought my cat to see the mother and the sister, would he still recognize them? I would like to bring them together again but, I don't...

View more questions Search