Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    shelbel's Avatar
    shelbel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 29, 2010, 02:28 AM
    I was married in the uk in 2004. Can I get a divorce online from australia?
    This divorce will be uncontested and we have no children. I need to know if I can use the aurtralian websites / forms and lodge them or do I need to go to uk sites and download forms from there?
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

    Jul 29, 2010, 05:56 AM

    What is your residency? UK? Australia?

    The Country where you live determines which forms and Courts you use.
    positiveparent's Avatar
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291

    Jul 29, 2010, 12:30 PM

    Contact the citizens advice bureau in town/city you are now living, I am assuming its Australia, or look them up online, and they will be able to advise you for certain, I hardly think the UK will expect you to go back there for this. They're both under the same Queen Elisabeth and also in the British commonwealth, whilst they aren't strictly under British rule, much of the legal system is the same as in UK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Married in Australia [ 3 Answers ]

HI everyone, I'm new in the forum and suscribed as I read good answers to the questions. My name is Paula (24) and come from Argentina, despite the fact I'm now living in nz. My boyfriend is kiwi and just moved to Australia (but has the PR as he lived there many years) to have everything sorted...

Online divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting divorce through online divorce kit. If we have agreed on everything, can we both go to a notary public and sign all paper work and then file to speed up the process.

View more questions Search