Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !


    Asked Jun 26, 2008, 02:59 AM 5 Answers
    Can I sue the other person for adultery in the state of Louisiana?

    This person pursued my husband for many years, and when she finally got him to have sex with her, he told her that he loved me and would never be with her, so she planned a pregnancy to get pregnant so she would have him hook for life or at least 19 yrs. I would like to know if I can sue her because we were not divorced at the time.

    I would like to know what my options are to be able to go after her legally?

    Last edited by Fr_Chuck; Jun 26, 2008 at 07:25 PM.
    Search this Question
    Share |
    5 Answers
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,750, Reputation: 2664

    Jun 26, 2008, 04:31 AM
    Do you mean you want grounds for divorce and you want to use 'adultery'? Or do you mean you want a divorce and money? Proof is needed.

    If you want a divorce you don't have to use adultery as grounds.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,972, Reputation: 6054
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jun 26, 2008, 06:02 AM

    Adultery is not illegal in La. Meaning a person cannot be arrested and prosecuted for it. It is, however a grounds for divorce.

    Now if you are trying to sue someone for having an adulterous relationship with your spouse, that's a bit iffy. You might be able to sue for alienation of affection but not specifically for adultery.
    stinawords's Avatar
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

    Jun 26, 2008, 06:50 PM
    First what state are you in and what do you want to sue for? In most states that I know of you can't really charge just her with adultery because your husband made the conscious decision to have an affair with her. Some states will allow you to sue for alienation of affection (could be another name in another state).
    stinawords's Avatar
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

    Jun 26, 2008, 06:51 PM
    You need to just use one thread if you have comments or questions just add on to the same one.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 80,966, Reputation: 7668

    Jun 26, 2008, 07:27 PM

    Please do not keep starting new threads, if you have to add additional info do so as a answer to your own thread. People can not follow your varoius questions if they are not together.

    I have merged all of your posts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Louisiana Inheritance Laws [ 15 Answers ]

In the State of Louisiana, where community property is concerned, if both spouses had children before the marriage (due to previous relationships) and children together during the marriage, if one of the spouses dies and there is no will, who inherits the property?

Adultery in Washington state [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a law in Washington state against adultery?

What's her penalty for adultery! [ 6 Answers ]

My wife has committed adultery if I divorce her does she still get half of my assets? (house and 401k) I want her to get as little as possible.

ADULTERY in the military [ 2 Answers ]

Can you be charged for adultery after the divorce in the military? I got my mistress pregnant and we are thinking about getting an abortion. I am in the middle of a divorce. If the military finds out the child is mine can they charge me with adultery. I am stationed in Oklahoma

Louisiana Inheiritance laws [ 2 Answers ]

dad died in 2005. Mom was caught up in katrina hurricane-trying to get money from road home program-opened dad's estate there are 4 children over age 21 and have chosen to let mother have all so can rebuild-have one sister living far away, came in to sign papers and has refused because mom forgot...

View more questions Search