My son is to marry a girl who has a 3 year old daughter. He is in the military and is stationed in New York. The father of the child has joint custody of the child. Can she legally move out of the state without the fathers consent? The law of the state of Mississippi states that you can not. Is there some law of the military that this can be over ruled?