My son has always been in my custody. His father and I never married. I let my son stay with his dad this past school year because I moved counties. Now the dad won't let him come back and live with me. I happen to have him this weekend, and he said if I don't bring him back there will be trouble. The man doesn't work, lives with his g/f grandmother and owes back child support on 2 other kids..

Should I keep him with me and try to get legal custody papers?